[SerialICE] qemu serialice hang

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Nov 17 18:57:26 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:04:40 -0700, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
> wrote:
>> Marc Jones wrote:
>>> Resending.

>> It looks like the SerialICE shell is not answering to the hand shake...

>> The tty is for the SerialICE shell. Does the SerialICE shell answer with
>> a prompt? (i.e. in minicom)
>
> Ok, I was assuming that gdb would be connecting. What is setup do i
> need to do with minicom? Can minicom and serialice connect to the same
> port? Would that work?

Yes you can run serilaice and your terminal console at the same time. You
just have to setup the port (that your cable is connected to) and baudrate.
Just like you setup to get serial console in coreboot. Once you are getting
the serialice shell then run the qemu command. Does that make sense?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith