[SerialICE] [RFC] Object Oriented Device Model?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Nov 21 18:28:48 CET 2009

Hi,

Since we seem to have additional filter rules for every board, BIOS,
SuperIO and chipset we support, I gave it a shot and prototyped a small
"object oriented device model" for our filters. So each filter could run
through all registered components for a board and run the filters suited
for that hardware (and only those).

We could add a command to the serialice shell that dumps the board name,
so SerialICE/Qemu knows which components to use and how to configure them...

My prototype example is attached to this mail... comments? Ideas?

If you think this could be useful I'll try to integrate this before
SerialICE 2.0 :-)

Best regards,
Stefan

--
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613